Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1..2.. buckle my shoe...



I have 3 kids..its no secret, but sometimes I feel like I am all new at this. I think I forget, and hopefully I am not alone, what kids do at what age. I remember thinking oh..maybe Broderick should be riding a bike..he was 7 and I didn't know if that was old or young..I think it was the older side..we took him out showed him once and off he went. Guess its easier that way. Anyway.. a friend of mine posted something on facebook about teaching her daughter, who is the same age as Reagan, to tie her shoe. It was right before Kindergarten started..and I thought ..oh that is probably a good idea!! Now because Reagan is my baby..I think I forget about those things she could do for herself because I am not chasing around other little ones..I do do things for her..she could probably do herself and this was a perfect example! So we got out her new shoes put them on ..and had a little demonstration of how to tie your shoes. I showed her..she tried it once.. then said proudly I got it..and took off. To be honest I kind of forgot about it..because like I said.. I help her get dressed and by habit..on go the shoes tied, by me, and ready to face the day. Well yesterday we jumped in the car to pick up Broderick and she didn't have her shoes on.. I carried her into the car and grabbed her shoes..just in case. Well we did end up needing to run into the store. So as we were driving I handed her her untied shoes and asked her to get them on. We pulled up to the store and I opened the car door..expecting to help her tie her shoes and go..they were tied and tied well I may add. It made me laugh, I made me rethink if I gave them to her tied..that's how nice they looked. I said wow Reagan did you tie your shoes. She said.. yep.. you know mom I am the Class shoe tier. Really.. yep..if someone needs help they say..I need help tying my shoe and I come help them. Wow..I'm not saying I am shocked, but really... I showed her once and didn't realize how much she really did get it!! So proud of my little one...perhaps I have another easy learner..would that make life nice!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

She's awesome. Class shoe tyer! Greatness.

a said...

Ha! I think with Clay's healing ability and your super learners you should reproduce more. :) Good job Reagan.
Sponge Bob taught my kids to tie their shoes, that's what kind of mom I am. LOL!

Kristi Clinger said...

I love that! I love that she's the class shoe tier. I can totally see her doing that too.
I miss seeing that cute face of hers!
Give her a big hug for me!