Wednesday, August 25, 2010


We are healing.. or I should say...he is healing..slowly but surely. We went in last week for X-rays to check on the bone placement and regrowth..our bodies are quite amazing. I will say I was a tad shocked at the X-ray..he is feeling back to normal, and acting like nothing is wrong..so I figured the bone was back in place and healing up nicely..well you have a look..

Its not the greatest of pictures.. but as you can see the bones are not even connected, but they are spread out enough to not shorten the length of the clavicle so that is really good. You can see a halo around the two ends where the bone is reattaching to the other bone..its crazy how it heals. It will be pretty crazy to see how it ends up looking. We were told he will always have a knot there..I don't doubt it. He still has to wear the brace for another 4 weeks.. but we ordered a black one that is a little less puffy..and is barely noticeable under his shirt. He is drinking his milk, taking Vitamin D and Calcium.. Things are looking better!!!


On a total side bar..I have a confession.. with this new job, there is.. a.. well.. monetary benefit to working 20 hours a week..you get paid. Shocker I know, just getting use to the idea, and decided to give the ..let someone else clean my house while I work thing a try.. Shouldn't be to difficult right.. well she is coming on Friday..and I am fighting every urge to clean before she comes. I am not sure how this is going to go.. but I look forward to letting someone else do the deep clean while I maintain. We will see if it works out or not. I told her I am a bit OCD..but she cleans for a few friends that are similar..so perhaps we make her life easier?! I'll let ya know how it goes..I make it sound so painful!!

1 comments:

Leah said...

That is the scariest bone break I've ever seen!!!! I can't believe he is even functioning. Wow.

I've always heard you have to clean the house before the maid comes. It just seems so ironic, doesn't it?! So did you tell her she needs to clean everything with a toothbrush? ;) I hope it works out for you!