Monday, August 23, 2010

Its time to go Back to School..

Here's my boy Broderick.. last year at middle school, 8th grade. Yes that is his brace for his broken clavicle..and yes he has to wear it for the next 4 weeks.. but on the bright side..he came home telling me his math teacher is hot..so I guess it could be worse!!

Addison ready to go.. last year for her at elementary school.. 5th grade this year. She was up at 6 .. ready to go before everyone else was awake..she volunteered to be on Safety Patrol, so she gets to be at school a little after 7.. she was ready..and loved being back in school!!

My baby, Reagan, is officially in school.. she is a kindergartner.. I was tearing up all weekend thinking about it..but when today came..she was so thrilled to finally go and stay!! Poor baby has been at that school since she came home from the hospital, they know her and she knows them..it was finally her turn..and she was all over it!! She had a great first day and is ready for more..I am sure the excitement will wear off!!

Here's our safety patrol girl..had to laugh cause she came home claiming how much she does not like mini vans..they help open the doors for the carpoolers and shut them wishing them well on their way.. well these automatic doors just throw her off..not to mention we've been in a few vans but only a few times..so she has no idea how they work..she was trying to shut the ones that slowly shut on their own..or causing them to open..or just getting all crazy frustrated..thought it was funny..told her to ask if they needed help shutting the van doors next time..cause most vans now a days ..can be shut by the driver..life lessons.. you learn one at a time!!

I think in my subconscious I knew it would be hard to come home to an empty house (ya right) so getting a job helped distract me.. I will say it worked today ..once we got the kids off... Clay and I got in our cars and both headed out to work.. got home in time to clean up myself..the house and then head to get the girls!!

Successful start to the year!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Got it bad!
Got it bad!
Got it bad!
I'm hot for teacher!

Leah said...

My mini van is always confusing the supervisors at the school! Mine DON'T shut on their own. You can tell Addison that if an Odyssey has black handles, the doors don't shut by themselves (because the owners of the car were to cheap to buy the nicer model!). If their handles are the same color as the body of the van, they are automatic. Good luck!