Saturday, August 07, 2010

This is a picture of a regular clavicle..



This is an X Ray of Broderick's clavicle

any questions???
OK.. maybe a few.. he was messing around with his good friend..one that is over 6 feet tall and has a few more pounds on him..he's taken a few blows in Rugby harder, but I guess if you fall just right..or wrong in this case..well as they always say..its all fun and games till someone gets hurt. He did in late in the evening.. chatted with me that night..slept on it and it wasn't until the next day as I was coming home from work he mentioned his arm hurting. He wanted to just see how it felt after the weekend, but when I got home and started to see his range of motion..or lack there of..and the when I looked at his collar bones..you could clearly see his left one..but the right one was gone.. we went straight to the DR..well..now we see why. He has it in a splint to immobilize it, and we go to an orthopedic specialist on Monday. He is not feeling good now..knowing its broken hasn't helped! The nurse was amazed he slept on it last night. Tough kid. Sucks to spend you last few weeks of summer like this!!!

2 comments:

Bex said...

Poor Broderick. :(
The me in me feels horrible, because you don't realize how much you do or can do with it. But the nurse in me thinks that break is freakin cool!!!
Feel better Broderick!!

April said...

How long does it take for a clavicle to heal?? I hope he is feeling better soon and that it doesn't interrupt his rugby schedule!