I want to QUIT..then I remember how much I love it..
So I got hired on for this new job.. I had to audition for the Group X classes.. so I decided to audition Cycle. I love cycle, I love the burn, its a great class. I have been certified to teach for the past oh.. 8 years..but have yet to have my own class. I picked Cycle to audition with because the reason for this job change is to mix things up. I can teach water, pilates, interval training classes with my eyes closed but Cycle gets me out of my comfort zone. I was so crazy nervous. I had to prepare..and spent a lot of time sweating it out on a bike working out the right routine to show. Basically I had to teach a class in front of NO ONE with the area director taking notes..no pressure. I think I was soaked with sweat before it even started. She questioned how long I had been teaching cycle and I said I had been trained but have not had my own class. She said to me "why would you audition a format you are not as comfortable with" .. I replied "because I wanted the challenge of trying something out of my comfort zone." She paused and told me she liked my attitude. The audition went great, and I am meeting with her a few more times to go over the other class formats. I love this part.. I love teaching others and inspiring movement!!!
So now the training begins. I am left with one little dilemma.. I need to give up my class at my old job. I am down to one Pilates class a week.. so really its not a big space to fill. The classes have been slowly dwindling, hence the reason I was looking else where. I had a meeting at my old job, we met the new director who then informed the staff that the facility would be closing (combining with a new one near by) and they would try and find places for the instructors but no one is guaranteed a job as the other facility has its own instructors. So ya.. I went to the meeting to give my notice, only to find out its closing anyway. I spoke with my supervisor who was relived to have one less person to worry about. I saw the writing on the wall with all the cut backs, but I would never have imagined it would happen this soon. The timing is all very shocking.. I found this new job, and it fell into place.. and I don't even have to quit my old job. I feel very blessed and yet overwhelmed with this new roll. I feel there is a purpose for all of it working out the way it has.
I started training last week.. the crazy part is they have a brand new training program.. me and a fellow co-worker are the Guinea pigs for this new 30 hours a week for 4 weeks training. Wow.. that's way more than I want to work.. fortunately I am able to get through the lessons faster than they suggest.. so a few less hours..but I plan on working from 7 - Noon the remainder of the summer.. we'll see.. when I am there.. I am in my element.. I love it
I still have to take the Personal Trainer test.. and if I could have 40 hours in the day.. I could get it all done.. instead I am getting up at 5ish..to run and shower so I can be at work at 7am so I can put in 5hours and be home by Noon.. Reagan was okay until Tuesday this week.. she was up and cried as I left and according to Addison via text at work was crying all morning. Got home to just cuddle and love on her..she rubbed my face..it broke my heart. I wanted to quit..right then.
So I realized today..that as long as I am busy..teaching classes..I have 2 now.. and hoping for more..and working on training.. I am shadowing my boss and going through some of the programs myself.. as long as I am busy I am great.. when there is a lull..and I am walking around..I go crazy. I did chat with my boss about cutting back my hours..and taking one day mid week off..I need that..I have a few clients..I still have a lot of studying to do, and I really want to spend the last few weeks of summer vacation with my kids..not away..ah.. the dilemma. I do know that once school starts we are going to be up and going and all 3 will be gone..and I will appreciate the job..I hope. So this morning..I wanted to run..away.. from the job.. but then by noon.. I am good again. I hope this cycling (of emotions..) starts to mellow.. I wanna scream and then I work with someone and the thought of helping someone better their lives with fitness gets me all fired up. AH.. did I mention coming home and keeping that running smoothly..its a juggling act..I am getting the hang of it..one day at a time is my motto.. one day at a time!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Posted by Rebecca at 8:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are awesome and you are my hero. A true Superwoman, cause you do it all. So proud of you!!
I am sorry that it all seems so crazy right now. The time will fly and it will be so good for you when school starts!
Love the colors on the blog - I can read it so easily! :)
Post a Comment