Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Broderick!!

Ah.. its official, I am old enough to have a teenager in the house!!! Wow, I don't feel old enough! But let me tell you.. he sure is ready to be a teenager...look out world!! Of course we have the usual, mom and dad don't know anything, etc..etc..but other than that.. I have to say..its been a great 13 years..he is honest, and even the littlest things weigh on his heart..late night confessions we call it .. as I go to "tuck" him in at night, he owns up to whatever little thing it may be. Its rather sweet and I hope it never changes! He loves his family and isn't afraid to show it.. he still kisses us goodbye..no matter who is around..doesn't seem to bother him if his friends are right there..he loves us..and I know I will be very sad the day that changes, but for now I eat it up! He is creative and loves to express himself..hasn't changed much from his "watch this" phase when he was 2..at least now he is learning to control it, he loves to make videos with his friends and has fun shooting and editing videos. We are proud of him for trying new things as he played football this year, and audition and stared in the middle school production of Aladdin. He continues to play the bass and made it into the symphonia orchestra for next year...way to go..he continues his love of rugby as well!! He has been able to attend boyscout camp already this summer and is already busy working on his Eagle project to finish this summer. He is a great young man who looks after his sisters, does what he is told..eventually, and we are blessed to have him in our house!! Happy birthday dude..you are no longer a child..now my teenage boy!!

1 comments:

Leah said...

Wow, what a tribute! I can only dream of a child that does what they are told. I'm 0 for 4 on that one!