MY 2 week "Spring Break"
Well.. I got this crazy whim.. and with my kids being in school Monday - Thursday.. I thought, I should go visit my sister. Clay can handle, and with great ability, the kids after school..so I looked at flights Friday night about Midnight..and checked with my sister Saturday morning, cause I am considerate, rearranged some things I had..found a sub for work,and booked a flight on Sat. night for first thing Sunday morning. Now that is thinking ahead!!! Now why did I go to AZ...
Well.. I got this crazy whim.. and with my kids being in school Monday - Thursday.. I thought, I should go visit my sister. Clay can handle, and with great ability, the kids after school..so I looked at flights Friday night about Midnight..and checked with my sister Saturday morning, cause I am considerate, rearranged some things I had..found a sub for work,and booked a flight on Sat. night for first thing Sunday morning. Now that is thinking ahead!!! Now why did I go to AZ...
to build knex's with Benjamin.. of course.. this time..a helicopter!!
To make cookies and puppy chow with the kiddos..
To watch Samantha sing a solo in her school musical.. go Samantha
No sooner did I get home, unpack, do laundry, and packed us up, we headed out for the real spring break!! We opted for the Hyatt Hill Country as it has always been a hit in the past!!
(p.s. wearing Reagan's pink flower in my hair.. which I forgot was there till I looked at this pic)
So the last of the post .. I think I am officially old.. because I got excited about art. A few months ago I went to a Primary Training meeting, where the Stake Primary President had a framed print that was beautiful. It was huge, which made it more impressive and it was just sweet and I fell in love. She had gotten at our local LDS book store. Clay and I happened to be there in January, and I was showing him what the print was.. a smaller version that they had.. we spoke with the owner.. who is a fascinating guy..and he said he could get us a larger print because he would be going out to Utah and could bring it back and have it framed etc. Well I took it all in, and thought would talk about it. Clay asked.. its 3.5 x5.5 feet .. where are we going to put it.. and it hit me in the store.. I have a great place.. a place where we have a big print, but it means nothing..it hangs in our stair well.. you see it out all our rooms, you see it from down stairs, you see it every time you go up or down. Its this place...
Told you it had some spaghetti clown.. could be creapy if you ask me.. but Clay.. who can't keep a secret..told me he went back a few days later and ordered it. He called today to say it was ready and I jumped in my car to get it.. I was thrilled.. it's breath taking. I have looked for the perfect picture that shows our faith and love of our Savior, Jesus Christ. This photo says it all to me, his love for everyone, especially the children. I hope that as my children see this now everyday, over and over again, they will be reminded of his love for us.
Perfect Love, by Del Parson

3 comments:
It sounds like you were the best Aunt ever.
I LOVE that picture! It's in perfect spot in your house.
ha so if you bought that art work, that means one less sibling in contention for Dee's representation of this scene, where she painted my father's face as Jesus and us kids all around him. It is awesome, and I hope to hang it in my house someday to represent my faith.
I love all Del Parson's art, that one is awesome and a definite improvement over the spaghetti man!! Lucky you!!
Post a Comment