Monday, March 29, 2010

Babies and their Blankies



Each one of my kids has had a blankie..that one special one, above all others. When Broderick was born I found a dark blue quilted blanket that I loved. It became his blankie.. he slept with it every night, it traveled with us, it kept him safe and comforted him. Now I know that every baby grows up.. just didn't know it would make me so sad! I was changing the sheets the other day.. and found his blankie.. wadded up (it has come unraveled in a few places) buried in the spot between his mattress and the foot board..I took it out and couldn't help but remember that little baby that I held in that blanket. I took it, and put in my cedar chest with his baby quilt. Good bye my little baby, Good bye blankie, Good bye to my little boy who once needed it, guess my boy is growing up!

1 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! They grow too fast.