Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Party..


So today is Sept. 16. and in a house with a pre-teen.. it means.. today is a day to celebrate. So off to the store I go to get a chocolate cake mix and frosting for our after school festivities!!!

We put on our aprons.. I love that part.. and carefully crack the eggs...

Then I taught the girls how to grease and flour a pan.. Addison asked if I went to chef school, how easy is she to impress.. I explain that I learned from my mother, just like she is learning from me.. it was a sweet moment as I vividly remember doing that with my own mother!
No cake is complete without licking the beater!!

We baked them.. then they carefully frosted them!!

I helped very little.. then the decorations came out!!!

Have you figured it out yet.. Who's birthday are we celebrating.. the girls even made a poster.. which I didn't get a picture of.. and we sang.. oh we sang..
"N" is for Nick.. Nick Jonas of course.. I mean really .. didn't everyone know.. today Nick Jonas turns 17.. and for that we celebrated!! Happy Birthday Nick.. from a bunch of fans in Texas!!! myself included!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Couldn't even tell ya which one he is.

Kristi Clinger said...

I had a feeling it was one of the Jonas Bros. I forgot to tell you that R told us all about the concert last time she came over. She fell to the floor like she was going to faint. It was so cute. We love that little girl of yours.

Laura said...

Very cute mom, a little crazy, but very very cute!

Leah said...

That is hilarious!!!! I LOVE it! Aren't these girls at this age 100% adorable?

I SO almost bought that candle holder on your table a few months ago. I don't know why I didn't!!! I love it.