Monday, September 14, 2009

I LOVE MY SUGAR DADDY!!!

I am so grateful for a husband who supports me in my occasional need to go on a "business trip" ha ha!! To take care of the kids, the dogs, and the house while I am off having fun, resting, re cooping, and worrying about myself. I am also blessed to have such a great friend/travel companion to go on such adventures with.. Michelle! Yes.. we went to San Diego a few months ago.. and yes there are more trips to come, but that is not the point!! A friend of ours, Arlyne Aranda, from high school... Nile C. Kinnick High School in Yokosuka Japan to be exact.. got married this past weekend and well.. we couldn't pass up the opportunity to join in the celebrations!! We met up with our fellow alumni in DC for dinner Thursday night then the girls drove around the city at night taking in all the sights. Friday happened to be Sept. 11th and we found it very somber and reflective to be in DC with the flags at half mast in honor of that day. We then headed down to Richmond VA for the Aranda/Clark Wedding Celebration!! Michelle and I thought it would be a good idea to get our hair and makeup done for the Wedding. Well. it didn't quite turn out like we expected.. and after wiping most of it away.. we were still left looking a bit painted for the evening, without time to change it.. we went ahead and laughed the whole night at our over done look. We met up with more old friends and enjoyed catching up and having fun!! It was fun to celebrate the love of friends, to catch up with old friends, reminisce about old times, make new memories, and to come home to family I love!!



2 comments:

Leah said...

You travel more than anyone I know! I seriously LOVE that about you because it is what I'd be doing if I had sitters lined up (well, and maybe wasn't so cheap). So I find your blog so totally inspiring that way.

Russ is going to Dallas next month and invited me to come, but I can't find a sitter. He'll be having lunch with Clay...so that will be awesome. I just wish I was there. There are too many funny memories to count!!!

Amy said...

Ummmmmm....just a little extra makeup?