Friday, September 18, 2009

School has started.. so why can't I find my bon bons....



So I have been struggling this week with a new phase in my life. Kids are in school... all three for at least 4 days a week. Reagan started her Transitional Kindergarten program last week and it is Mon - Thurs. from 9-2. You would think I would be shouting from the roof tops.. scheduling a massage, pedi, mani, hair, lunch.. you name it.. I am free.. for 5 hours Monday - Thursday.. put up my feet.. and get ready for easy street.. and yet its nothing like that. I have been really looking at my week.. this has been the first full week of this new schedule. .and to be honest I am more tired then I was last year. I am going non stop while she is at school to get all that I need to get done.. done in that time frame. As well as getting ready for when they all come home, cause that's when it really gets fun. Between 2 different instruments, 3 sports, 2 dance classes and 2 church activity groups...we keep on our toes.. add in homework and a home cooked meal and well I am spent come 9pm. I realized as I went visiting teaching this month, that we (women) are to be anxiously engaged in a good cause. This really stood out in my mind this week, I have felt guilty dropping Reagan off.. but I have learned that she is where she needs to be, instead of be drug around errand to errand.. she is actively learning at school, and she loves it. I have learned that cleaning the house, shopping and preparing for meals, is a good cause for my family. I won't lie and say that in all the craziness I didn't squeeze in a lunch here or there, and find time to work out everyday.. but I will say it was for a good cause.. my mental health! So as I start this crazy new phase, and try to balance my time during the day to maximize my time when they are home.. I know there will be good days and bad days.. but this I know.. there are no bon bons here!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Seriously though? What do you DO all day? You're a stay at home mom? So, what, do you watch soaps all day or what?

Leah said...

You have NO idea how curious I am about the phase of life you are experiencing. I'll be there in 3 years. It is such a mystery to me. It's almost like trying to imagine sex while you're still a virgin!

I've heard people do get busier than ever and you are proof!

Unknown said...

I think this is awesome! And I can't see you eating Bon Bons even if you WEREN'T busy! There is always something to do or see or visit or.......
LIFE IS GREAT, ISN"T IT?
trish

Shari said...

Although I am not "free" just yet, I understand the mixed feelings about this stage of life. I have one at home all day and he will soon be in school. I thought I would be so glad when all my kids were in school but I find myself really sad that my kids are growing up so fast. I actually miss the baby stage?? It is like I woke up one day and my kids were all out of diapers. Like you said, when my kids are in school all day I know I will be plenty busy, just in a different way. Afternoon is not nap time anymore but go time. So in some ways life is busier. Being a Mom is so awesome the trick is to enjoy the ride while you are on it. Love, Shari