Saturday, April 25, 2009

My kids are funny...

they are always saying the funniest stuff.. I think I will remember it forever, and while I am thinking about it I will blog, because well, its my blog after all and I can!!!

So Reagan has gone with me many a times to take her siblings to the dentist. They tend to keep their baby teeth about 3 years past the average kids, so needless to say, all the brushing and flossing, mouth wash rinsing etc..just doesn't do it, and the natural breakdown of those baby teeth put us at the dentist a bit more then I would like!! Thank goodness we are getting Adult teeth which we immediately seal for future protection.. anyway, Reagan reminds me a lot of Broderick she is serious when she needs to be, and it cracks me up. She wants to go to the dentist in a bad way, almost as if it was something fun. So when I was getting my last filling cleaning, I asked if she was old enough to come in. At 4, she can try it out.. kind of a mock cleaning if she isn't okay with that. So we made an appt. for the next day. Broderick was with me and it was like breaking news that she was getting a pony or something when we told her she was going to get to go to the dentist. She was thrilled, she told everyone, though most could not appreciate the trill of the dentist!!! The day came, she had a full cleaning, mold and x rays... she wanted a root canal but I had to drawl the line. She was still thrilled when all was said and done. She then told everyone how great the dentist was, she got to wear glasses to block the light, new tooth brush, etc.. etc..she cracks me up. Forget Disney.. Were going to the dentist!!!

Now we have preschool forms that have to be filled out with a medical health form from the Dr. So I make an appointment for Reagan to have a well check and to get a copy of her shots..etc.. so we get there check in and on our way to the room we run into our Dr... who is kind of related.. My brothers wife's brother.. so we know him outside of the office.. anyway, we were chatting for a bit and once again, my never serious child becomes this somber calm child. Dr is pointing out how grown up she has become.. hes been her dr. from birth.. and then we go into the room to wait for him. Reagan turns to me with a serious face and says " I don't think I can do this today"

5 Shots and an arm prick later we left.. your 4, you don't have a choice to "do this" and that was before we even knew she needed shots!!!!


Clay and I are affectionate.. at home we don't hide kisses from the kids, much to their dismay. We now get these reactions

Brodo: a little smirk.. and I can only imagine what he is thinking having had the whole Created by God sex education course.. ah.....
Addison: in a high pitched voice but a little quietly we hear.. "awkward..."
Reagan: usually jumps in between us and says "No more happily ever afters"

Reagan's new phrase when we tell her something like, Reagan we're having dinner..."seriously mom"
Reagan time to get in the car.. "seriously mom"
Reagan we are going to the park.. "seriously mom"
Am I not serious.. I don't know!!!

4 comments:

Bex said...

Did you blog this instead of running?
Kids are great, maybe Reagan's enthusiasm for the dentist will rub off on my kids.

a said...

Seriously, Rebecca, seriously...thats what kids are for right? our entertainment!!! lol. Funny Stuff!

The Jackman Family said...

haha. wonderful. i could listen to those kids all day and be content and entertained. great fun. miss you all.

Leah said...

Seriously, Mom.

Yeah for PDA!!! I'm all for it.