Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oct. 15, 2008 is LOVE YOUR BODY DAY!!!

Today is love your body day.. crazy, but true!! There aren't cards to send, though mine will gladly accept chocolate!!! In today's society with all the "supermodels" and air brushed images, its nice to see there this a shift in what and how we view ourselves.. I challenge you to love your body today.. and if you feel like posting about it.. more power to ya!!!

Dear body,
I don't think I tell you enough, how much I love you. I often yell, and sometimes curse at you, but I really deep down appreciate you. I love you for being able to bear the burden of growing my 3 beautiful children, being able to compromise where vital organs usually should be for the sake of my child. I thank you for being able to provide them with life and nourishment for the time they needed. I thank you for being able to get up early in the morning, and getting tired in the evening!! I love my legs for having the strength to keep up with all that my mind wants, for numerous races that I set my mind to do, and adventures I set out on. I love you arms for the strength to keep up with a family of 5 and all that it demands. I love you for being able to lift little bodies for hugs and to hold the ones I love. I love the curves and the bumps that make me who I am , and not someone else. I love you hair, and how even on the hottest day.. I am not weight down by it!! I love you..body, and thank you for sticking by me for this long we have a lot more adventures to look forward too!!!

Love, RD

5 comments:

Marissa said...

What a great letter. Loving ourselves is so difficult at times, but I am sure we are all so very grateful to have a working body.
I may do this too.

Bex said...

Such a great idea! I am more at the disgusted stage with my body, but it's me and it;s hard for anyone, let alone me, to be disgusted with myself! Oh and I love your body too!

Kristi Clinger said...

This is too funny. I loved it.

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

You should love your body because it seems perfect to me! You work hard and it shows.