Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Latest project.. (5 months in the making!!)

I cannot wait any longer.. our shower doors will not be installed for another week, but I figured I could share this now.. here is the very slow progress (June 5th we began..) I am ready for my bathroom to be in full use.. but enjoy the latest and last of our remodeling projects!!! With the carpet being ruined from the toilet tank over flowing, we decided to remodel.. I found this great tile, that comes in 5 x40 inch planks, it looks like hard wood planks but is tile, so it matches the wood floors in our house and yet is tile so it functions well in a bathroom!! We decided to do the floors and walls of the shower in river stones, a bit spa inspired. We put in 3 body sprays and raised the shower head almost 2 feet so my 6'3" husband can stand under the shower without having to duck..(I am thoughtful like that!!) We finished off with these great oil rubbed bronze faucets and such..We found a great corner tub, with a heater.. to use up all the space.. and had our cabinets refinished for a fresh look. Enjoy.. and next time you come by.. bring a towel.. a stay a while!!! :)

3 comments:

Kristi Clinger said...

5months too long, but it looks great. I have to come over to try out the bath and shower.
Can you work on the office colors next :) teasing Clay.

April said...

It looks fabulous!

Leah said...

No way! TILE?! I need some of that! We have hard wood in the kitchen and it is so lame because water/juice/milk lives constantly on our floors. Love the riverstone.