Happy 4th of July!!!
I have to throw this out there.. does the 4th of July make you cry? Every year when we watch fireworks, especially when they play the song... "I'm proud to be an American" I get totally choked up. I mean real tears and what not. I can't tell if this is normal, or just a bit of my military roots coming out. I am a military brat, a brat in general to most, but my dad was an Officer in the Navy and my high school years were spent over seas. I remember hearing that song in high school watching fire works, and missing America like no body's business. Perhaps the nostalgia sets in, and the patriotic songs just bring a flood of emotions. We made it home from our relaxing trip to head out to the baseball game. They did a tribute to all the armed forces and then of course the fireworks and that song again, the tears...what a baby.. just didn't know if I was alone or not?

5 comments:
Not just you. I get choked up when the soliders go by in the parade on a float that's blaring that song.
I tear ed up when Bon Jovi came out, but maybe that is a different topic.
Of course Fourth of July makes me cry. I didn't have music this year so decided that it should be the RULE between 930pm to 1000pm on July 4th the radio stations ONLY play patriotic music. Then I would be happy and sad?
Both my husband and I are cry babies around this time of the year. "I'm Proud to be an American" is the one that sends us over the top with emotions. We're blessed people.
Well I don't usually cry on the 4th of July unless someone hugs me. lol. good times....good times.
Post a Comment