Thursday, September 06, 2007

A LONG STORY FOR A NEW LOOK TO COME!!!

While I was in St. Louis Clay decided to upgrade our kitchen and purchased..
We also got this...but that's not really part of the story!



The installation of the new refrigerator went like this... if you look closely you will see a water dripping from the water line.. a nice steady drip for 2 weeks. That drip did... This photo is taken at the front of the house in the office.. that is water bubbling from under the hardwood floors..It soaked the closets.. And ruined over 600 square feet of hard wood floors!!

Now if you know me well enough you know I am a compulsive cleaner.. obsessive to say the least, and nothing turns my life upside down more than my house out of order..
This is what it looked like..(the floors are wet and stinky.. they don't look that bad on camera..)And now..
We opted to replace the tile in the kitchen .. if its going to get messy.. lets get it done right!!!


We get new hardwood stairs and hall upstairs as well.. the best part is Clay cannot say we don't use the formal dining room anymore!!!

5 comments:

StrumpMan said...

All I have to say is Im soooooooooo sorry, it truly sucks. But as usual, you turn lemons to lemonade. Im sure you'll love your new hand-scraped hardwood floors and appliances (once properly installed.) Hopefully, Be$t Buy will help offset some of the pain and suffering.... ;-)

Looks like you are on the way to the finish line.

Well, I'll have to put something on my blog about the move this week, (ugh)......

C

Anonymous said...

I HEARD about this, but the pictures tell me more. Wow that is so awful, so sorry. Love the formal dining room it looks like home sweet home:) for me.

Bex said...

Oh Rebecca. You're almost through the tunnel. But hey in the brightside you will have a brand new house when you're done!

April said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robertsons said...

That same thing happened as we moved from one house to the other. I came back to the house to do one last walk through and the entire leaving room carpet was soaked. Didn't bode well for the security deposit. The refrig is beautiful though.