Tuesday, March 06, 2007




My friend was telling me how she heard the song "I loved her first" on the radio.. its a country song, not my usual genera, but I must admit I have heard it, and have boo hooed over it a few times. If you haven't heard it.. look it up, grab a Kleenex and listen. It made me start thinking and I got a little sad as I thought about my kids. Broderick is 9 almost 10 and really half way through his life with us at home, I know he will always be my boy, but my job it about half over, 10 years from now, if not a bit sooner, he will be off to face the real world. That really freaked me out. The past 10 years have gone by so fast, it seems like just yesterday we were finding out the big belly I had was in fact a boy and he changed our lives forever! Clay and I took the kids to the Irish Festival in Dallas this last weekend. I think it makes us both laugh when we are out and about with 3 kids in tow. We were both on the same page, we just look at each other and start laughing at what started out as the two of us hanging out at BYU has turned into this family of 5! I think we said something as we were loading up our SUV with kids, books, supplies, stroller, etc.. how it all started with the Nissan Pulsar, our first car, two door little sporty thing.. oh have times changed!! We look like a circus sometime, no most of the time, last night in particular, we went to get pizza at a local pizza shop, and in a half hour time frame managed to dump 2 full sodas all over our table and most of us as well. We laughed at the thought that we looked like we had never taken our kids out to eat before.. what a mess!! Anyway, these random thoughts are just my appreciation for what time has done for us. Broderick will be 10 in June and Addison 7 in May, with Reagan holding up the rear as a good strong willed 2 year old. Yet the age difference seems to work for them, and I must admit, they like each other, sure they bicker, but they really get along. They love to sleep together at night, and we let them do it on Friday nights, and trust me they remember.. its Friday can we sleep together, and we let them. To me it melts my heart that a brother and sister look forward to hanging out! It used to be both kids on the top bunk in Broderick's room, I think they have gotten to big for that. Now its on Broderick's bunk beds, in the playroom bed and trundle bed, and just recently Addison a new bed with a trundle. The two of them (Reagan has joined in a few times, but likes to play too much!) let us know that because its spring break,they have no school, so every night has been a slumber party. They lay in bed chatting till they fall asleep, I know it won't last forever, I wish it would never change. I hope I will always remember the sweet side to my children when they are not always so sweet! Most of all I hope they will always know, that I loved them first!

1 comments:

Heather (Gibson) Litchfield said...

Rebecca your family is beautiful! I hope you are doing well, haven't talked with you since your daughter was born and that was years ago...she's all grown up! Shoot me an email if you get a second heathermlitchfield@hotmail.com

Are you going to the reunion? My husband is getting stationed in San Diego in June...so I might go.