Thursday, March 01, 2007

At the beginning of the year I set a few goals.. really more for Reagan than myself.. the only real goal I set was trying to keep all the thin mints to myself and I was unsuccessful! As for Reagan though, we did good, starting with the crib to bed. Its been interesting and there are days when nap time has shortened, she went through a kicking the wall (which is next to ours) stage, she still has her singing at 2 am on random nights for no apparent reason.. the girl always has a song to sing, even at 2 a.m., but for the most part, she has done well. On occasion, she has been know to get out 2 minutes after laying her down, gets her shoes off her dresser, puts them on and finds me to say "I wake up" at which point I explain you have to sleep to wake up.. back to bed! She has taken it all in quite well. We started the potty training shortly there after, started out not buying diapers in 2007!! That went surprisingly well too.. no complaints and she is still doing great! The last thing I needed to reign in was the binki-blankie. I made her a big one when she was born and she loved it, but being that Texas is hot.. I made her a smaller 12x12 version. Instead of clipping her binki to her clothes I always kept one connected to her little blankie.. and her binki-blankie took its life.. fortunately she let us leave the big one at home, but the portable one was great and went everywhere with us.. easy to throw in a bag and enough of a soft cozy blankie to put her to sleep when necessary. Well, we started by having her leave it in bed and only for bed. She only fought me on it the first night and then only one other time came out of her room with it and when I told her to put it in her bed, she opted to sit with it in bed a little longer.. so far so good. Church is harder.. her singing when everyone is quite still happens with no binki to shush her its a bit more interesting! So I got bold, more for teeth reasons, she needs to loose the binki and I am afraid the older she gets the harder it may be. I used the same method I used with Broderick and Addison, I cut the very tip of the nipple off and left it for her to have. Oh the tears, oh the sadness. I tried just loosing it a few times, but she would cry, "find it mommy, please find it.. " what can you say but "oh look here it is.. " (I can have a soft side) By cutting the binki, I am not blamed.. thankfully she doesn't know I cut it!! She just put it in her mouth.. spit it out and said "Its broken, fix it?" I told her sorry its broken, mommy can't fix it. So she cried and held it, and cried some more. I held her till she about passed out and when I laid her down, she opened her mouth and pointed to her open empty mouth.. half asleep.. "binki...." and then drifted off. So sad.. but she would be more upset when she needs braces for 2 extra years cause momma didn't ween her from the binki!! :) Anyway, nap time today brought on the water works again, but she put it in her mouth for one little suck and fell asleep.. tonight, she reminded me that "my binki is broken.." , but insisted on her bitty baby, 1 mickey mouse, 2 minnie mouse dolls, 1 dragon, 2 polly pockets and Jr. asparagus to fill in for her binki.. she's asleep and I believe life will go on! Now its time to figure out what the rest of this year will hold!!

0 comments: