A little bit of this and that!
I think I have gotten out of order..so here's a few pics..from various events!! We took the kids to RCL.. yes again.. we love it there..our friends joined us and we had a great time hanging and playing. I brought the camera but didn't take any pics..fortunately Clay took it when he took the kids horse back riding.. everything else I took on my phone!! Woops!
The big kids enjoying the horses!!
Addison and Broderick...is it me are they looking so grown up?
OK ..next event.. Mavs vs Heat.. we went to a pre game mixer.. and look who I found.. sat down and chatted with them.. Broderick got me this green Mavs shirt for Mothers day.. had to wear it... at least until the game.. it was a Blue out.. all fans wore blue..George Lopez asked where my blue shirt was..so I had to change!!!
OK.. here we are at the game.. in Blue.. ready to cheer on our NBA Champions!!
Back to the previous post.. here is the race.. my first Triathlon..I am the one with the black goggles on look forward.. undoubtedly gauging how far the first buoy is.. :) It was a great first race.. my goal was to do it in 1:15 - 1:30 I would be happy.. did it in 1:08 so I was pretty pleased!
Coming off the bike..perhaps if I stopped hootin at hollering at the family..I might of been a bit faster!! :)
Off the bike and onto the run..I won't lie this part sucked.. your legs feel like bricks..you feel super slow! I have a gps watch that keeps track of distance/pace/time/first born.. okay maybe not the child thing ..but seriously this watch does it all.. I started running and kept looking at the watch 11:20..11:50... thought it was my pace.. goal was 10:00 min/mile pace so I felt slow and the watch confirmed what I felt.. when I finished the first mile and my magical watch beeped it said..1 mile.. 9:20 ..wait ..what..I realized I was looking at miles..the bike ride was 11 miles..so that was keeping track of the total miles not the pace..and I was going faster than I tought. That was a nice surprise..it was just 2 miles.. so I kept going and finished faster than I was hoping!
So here is my awesome cheer crew..who had to get up at the crack of dawn to watch me.. but they were there every leg cheering me on..and it was great!!
Last but not least..my inspiration for this new found sport.. this girl rocks.. thats all I can say..her dedication to training and pushing her self is something that I hope will rub off on me.. even just a teeny tiny bit will go far. She has patiently taken me under her wing (either that or I just crawled under her wing and she can't shake me!) Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone, answering my million questions, giving advice, and helping me along the way!!! She finished in 57 min..just to give you an idea of how speedy she is!

0 comments:
Post a Comment