Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Remember back in June.. when I mentioned I was enrolling in this ACE Personal Trainer Certification course.. well it wouldn't be school..if there wasn't a test.....


So when I interviewed for this new job I have.. I thought I had to take this class before I could start training clients. Well.. my parents would be happy to know..my degree has been put to good use...and I was able to start..sooner than I really wanted..training clients. Found out my bachelors degree put me at a Personal Trainer level 1..and that I didn't actually need the ACE unless I wanted to further my career and become a Personal Trainer 2. I do it because I love helping people become healthier and stronger..the money is a bonus, yes I am lucky like that. Anyway.. I did however invest more money then not into the course.. so I might as well finish the course and take...the test. So I decided the best thing was to pick a date and sign up.. so I picked November 17..gave me time, and yet done before the holidays. Sounded great till about October..where I have spent every waking min. and free moment pouring over these books.. I love to learn..but I really enjoy the classroom setting..I am not much for independent study..at..all. I took one independent study class at BYU and waited till it was due to start..I just have a hard time with that stuff. Having that set date helped..then finding out that it cost $150 to reschedule..made me realize there was no turning back. So I am way behind on the Biggest Looser, weeks behind on Survivor..kept up with Glee..guilty pleasure..but have basically hid out in my bedroom..weekend after weekend..and day after day while the kids were in school and I wasn't working (there are not enough hours in the day). Well Today was the day. I went to bed last night around 9, did I mention I got crazy sick on Monday..the hit by a truck..sick. So in between sleeping I reviewed..and did a lot of praying. I am grateful for such a supportive family, to understand my need for such craziness. I went to bed early, woke up at 10:30, 12, 2, 3:30, 4:30 and then at 5:30 am decided enough was enough and got up to shower. The test had a 5 hour max test time.. are you kidding.. 5 hours.. I can't sit that long. Couldn't wear a watch..and I didn't like the timer counting down every second..so I minimized it..and I took the test. 150 multiple choice questions and 2 client assessments. Done on the computer for immediate test results. Took me 3 hours ..didn't think I was sitting there for that long. I passed. It was pass or fail, and I passed. I PASSED.. I am usually pretty sure about things I do.. this was a first..I wasn't sure I would pass..and as I took the test..I still wasn't very sure. I about cried..cause I knew all the time I spent was not wasted..I was/am thrilled to have it done. So now..I can get back to enjoying this thing called life!!
p.s. I am a Personal Trainer 2 now!!

0 comments: