Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pink Ninja Running Club

for members only.. okay just kidding, small group but open for anyone who wants to join!! It started with a crazy pic my sis in law Laura took of me when we were skiing.. had my face cover/mask warm thingy on and she snapped a photo.. and commented Rebecca Ninja..guess it took off from there.. so thank you Laura.. so I have claimed that photo and had fun with it! So then my friend and I were trying to come up with a team name for the Half Marathon we are doing..we met up for a long run and we both had pink tops, black pants.. and head covers..it was a warm 18 degrees out... we took a few more picks with the statment.. pink ninjas..and there it began. So anytime we saw someone with pink on .. hey pink ninja.. we saw a few because we ended up running in a 5K.. cause it was in our 10 mile path.. sorry.. more pink ninjas! So the Pink Ninja running club was born!! :) Woo hoo.. we will be doing the Texas half Jan. 30..lots of running to do.. but thats okay, I have lots to run about.

With out getting into great detail.. yeah right you say.. you know me..I am an open book.. I have a lot to run about. Unfortunately I do not hide my emotions well.. and they run deep.. I care deeply, whole heatedly and often to much. I try to do everything I set to do in the most efficient and yet considerate way possible. I see beyond what is right in front.. I look beyond choices and weigh responses, I make very specific calculated decisions. I see details beyond what I have found most ever see. I know I am not perfect, I know that my way is not always the only way, thank goodness we are not expected to be perfect. I approach things honestly and with good intentions. I do not appreciate individuals who are fake..I see right through it..I see intentions and actions, it offends me more than anything else. So all this mumbo jumbo emotional stuff.. is just me.. working through a whole mess of hurt and pain. I have been knocked down, but I will get up again. We all experience it, just never expect it. It gives me reason to run, reason to figure it all out, and maybe even a better running time!

6 comments:

Amy said...

While I'm liking the pink ninja thing I'm not liking trying to read these black words half on black and pink toile. I do so love toile though.

As for the second paragraph, I'm with you sister. I can see right through people and have no patience for it. I'd totally sport a "Team Dover" shirt for you anyday. I'm SO over fake people...and you and I both know who those people are, don't we now?

Bex said...

Yes, I agree and I love the new look. While the other was cute, it gave me a headache.

You may be a pink ninja, but I am a flying one. Kinda like the flying monkeys on Wizard of Oz. I'm the side kick that does the dirty work. And there's a lot of dirty work to take care of, as of late.

PS Fake people are my favorite. They keep me entertained.

Amy said...

Oh, and I'm also over dishonest people. OVER THEM! Hear that, dishonest people? I see right through it and I'm done with you. Own up to something once in a while.

I'll step off this box now.

nobody said...

Amy scares me.

I love you. I think you are amazing in so many ways. Truly.

The Sabins said...

Pink Ninja Running Club = awesomeness. Still cannot stop laughing...

YOU are FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! "Sucker can't make me suffer, just make me tougher - it's motivation"

The Sabins said...

And Amy and Bex are hard core - remind me not to cross them.

Huh, my rap quote looks funny next to my smiley photo...