
Reagan is 4, actually 4 and a half to be exact, but who's counting. She is a very funny little girl. She was in preschool 2 days a week last year and didn't have naps on those days.. needless to say it was very touch and go with her. She is a sleeper.. I have these crazy kids that need sleep to function, they take after me! Anyway, this summer I decided that I was done being a slave to her nap time. We have always adjusted everything to be home from 1 - 3ish if not longer.. so she could nap. We stay home, swim in the pool.. etc... no big deal, but limiting none the less. She is also going to school 4 days this year, so with all that we decided to get rid of naps. I have never had a child struggle to give up naps like her..she is doing better but now its about every 4th day she crashes.. she falls asleep in my arms every Sunday during church.. gets in a good hour plus nap and I can listen without being distracted (that part I am grateful for) and really.. how often do I get a 4 year old to cuddle up in my arms and fall asleep.. its like she is my toddler all over again.. just a bit bigger!!!
Anyway, that being said, the days she doesn't nap we are working on not being grumpy in the afternoon, which is hard for her, because we go go go and its tiring for me too!!! She is definitely testing her boundaries.. trying to show us she has an opinion and it just comes out funny! She was cleaning up a mess she had made in the play room.. not a huge one, just a few books she had scattered around. She got about 3 put away and came out all dramatic like it was the hardest thing ever to do. Now with her its best to play up the positive..(isn't that always the case.. but not the easiest to do) So I was complimenting her on how much she had done and how quick she was going.. and to finish.. then the drama came out..
Reagan - its like your the step mother, and dads the stepfather (don't think she realizes you don't have to step parents in the same house) while dragging her feet, slumping over, bobbing her head ...
Me- oh really.. (trying to contain the laughter)
Reagan - and I am CINDERELLA.....
this girl cracks me up... looks like I need to watch the Disney shows she is watching!!
One more side story.. I wish wish wish I had a picture to go with this one because it was so funny.. however she wouldn't let me.. so I will just tell the story! Addison came into my room, her lips were swollen about 5 times their normal size.. huge.. it really freaked me out.. like an allergic reactions or something. She is crying and I am trying to understand what happened and why her lips are huge.. then though the tears she tells me she was sucking on a water bottle. Then I notice the ring around her mouth.. she had put her puckered lips in the inside of the bottle and started sucking the air out.. it sucked her lips into the bottle.. guess she did it really good and long, cause it pulled all the blood from her body right into her lips.. once I figured it wasn't a life threatening cause.. we laughed a bit.. which was even funnier to see her big puffy lips try and smile.. I told her people pay good money for lips like that.. ha ha ha.. she laughed but when I asked to take a pic. it turned back into tears.. not wanting to totally humiliate her I didn't take a pic.. but it did take a few hours to go back to normal.. and they are still a little purple from the blood still left.. so I guess... the next time you have a big event and want full lips .. forget the plastic surgeon, just suck on a bottle!!!

4 comments:
And the drama begins....Cinderella. Such a hard life for a four year old.
That is too funny!! Thanks for the laugh!!
Oh my gosh! A picture of that would have been so hilarious! You are a very self-controlled mom to have not taken one. I don't know if could have resisted!
LOL! Your girls crack me up. Those are good stories!
Post a Comment