Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree.. Oh Christmas Tree..
This year We Clay wanted a real tree for Christmas, so the pre-lite artificial trees stayed up in the attic, and in came the grand Douglas Fir. We bought new lights and got it all ready to go for the holidays. I read up on taking care of your live tree, how to feed it, what, when, keep the lights off not to dry it out, keep the fan off, heat down.. etc.. I did all that.. and it was beautiful for 2 weeks, which isn't a problem, unless you plan on having it up for 4 weeks.. So our beautiful, green, soft, sweet smelling, full tree.. turned into..


A less than full, ornament dropping, less than green, and to be honest a bit of a hazard..so much for real, tree!!


1 comments:

Leah said...

I feel your pain! Same thing happens every year for us. After about 2 or 3 weeks, the tree stops drinking water. I still think it is beautiful...you just cant touch the needles or you'll hear a dry crunch!