I will call this tired and rambling..
I don't do any more than any other mom out there does, in fact most of the time I am sure I do a lot less! I clean house, pay bills, do homework, make breakfast, lunch and dinner, I shuttle everyone to and from everywhere all the time. I clean up, break up and mix up arguments, meals, work, assignments, and unfortunately right now I do it alone most of the time. Now this is not a pity me post, because that really is not my style, its more of a grateful post. We had a great Sunday school lesson that talked about trials and how we deal. Now I am not saying motherhood is a trial, but it has its ups and downs, and well, without help I do not always do a great job!! We can take our situation and just sit around and mope.. or get up move on. I give a big shout out to the single mothers of the world, because I don't know how they do it. Anyway, I often feel my kids don't get how much I do for them, but really do they ever? I never understood what my parents did for me until I had my own children, can I really expect differently from them? Well tonight after dinner, baths, homework, books, etc... we were all laying on my bed and Addison came over and started rubbing my back, Broderick joined in and rubbed my shoulders and Reagan got my feet.. I just laid there.. for 20 min.. I kid you not, and my kids took turns thanking me for taking care of them. Thanking me for dinner, for letting them play with friends, for helping them with homework, for being there because daddy can't be right now. In their own way they told me they get it, and as mothers we don't do things because we expect validation, but I got a bit tonight. I am grateful for kids who can make me crazy, but really try hard not to. Sometimes we need that little push in the right direction, and I needed it and got it tonight! 3 sweet kids, who knew how to love their mommy!!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Posted by Rebecca at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That's so great!!!! You really do have great kids and you are an amazing mom and friend!!!! Thanks for all you do for me and my family. We love you and are greatful to call you a friend.
Awwwwwww what great kids you have, and you are a super mom and you do a lot.
I will call this the sweetest story I have read in ages. Seriously, this brought tears to my eyes. You be doin' SOMETHING right girl!
And uh, yeah. You do WAY more than the average mom on a slow day. You make people like me look...well enert.
Very nice, and very insightful. I guess these things come to you when you hit 35. Love ya... Dad
That is awesome. It's nice to stop and feel appreciated every now and then. You do have great kids and that's because they have great parents.
Why didn't our parents tell us how stressful life is with a large family? I think they forget or something or we were just in denial when we heard it. You do have so much on your plate. Your children are dolls and that moment was priceless. Thanks for sharing.
And tell Clay that when he gets his butt home (what does he call his butt anyway??? I remember he used to name everyone's butts), tell him after you thank him profusely for working so hard for his family that he's got the kids for the day while you nap, read, and window shop! :)
Post a Comment