Random Thoughts...
I have read a few friends blog and love the idea that I can post random thoughts!! So we are a few weeks into school and here are a few more Brodo stories!!
This one I heard from 3 different mothers. First Day of English class and the kids are sitting down and the teacher starts explaining as you come in, sit down, get out your stuff and basically be quiet till class starts.. well my lovely boy comes walking in right after all that.. throws both hands up in the air and says quite proudly "the man of the hour is here" .. what am I going to do with this kid!!!
Reagan had two names for her dolls, no one doll keeps the same name, but it always Sally or Minton... Minton.. is that even a name??
Reagan has learned to spell.. okay she can sing a song to spell RED.. If you ask her she can tell you R..E..D red.. I think she thinks R..E..D.. and the word Red all together combine to spell it.. I tried to break it down, she knows the song and she is sticking to it..R E D red R E D red that spells red.. that spells red.. firetrucks are red, stop signs are red too.. R E D red R E D red..
Not the best rhyme.. (sing to Are you sleeping Are you sleeping, Brother John..)try it.. did you like it?!
Addison twisted her ankle playing soccer, shes tough, she will survive, but somehow Reagan came down with the same aliment.. strange..
Broderick has gotten to know the principle. This ends well.. to make a long story short he has a friend who is Autistic who is in the same middle school this year. Brodo has taken him under his wing at lunch time and made sure he is included. I love my son, anyway his friend got frustrated with some teasing going on and he threw a fork at the perpetrator, the principle was observing the lunch room and watched this incident. He came down to talk to Brodos friend and Brodo stepped up and said he threw the fork.. well everyone knew he didn't, the principle asked why he admitted to something that he didn't do.. Brodo said, he didn't want his friend getting in trouble. Hes good like that.
Here's another funny thing, Addison is funny, in that witty dry humor sort of way, which really seems beyond her years, but as my sister points out, sarcasm runs in our family. We were talking over Sunday dinner, we had to go back to the church to for an ice cream social, and seeing as I am on the activities committee,I was assigned to help with the whipping cream. Well I said something about it being important to go, and that I had a calling to fill, to which Addison replied, yeah a whip cream calling. It was funny, she is funny!
If you ask Reagan what is the space above your eyebrows..well that the Headfor..
Lastly so I can go to bed, with my dear spouse gone so much, Reagan makes her way into my room every night, she came in the other night and I asked her what was wrong and she said there were ants in her bed.. I checked no ants, but she stayed with me anyway. I am sure its not a great habit, but no 16 year old wants to sleep with her mom still right?
p.s. for anyone interested, Brodo found his skateboard, a teacher had found it and put it somewhere safe, she didn't bring it to the office till after Brodo had come and go. It was a tough 24 hours, but it was good for him. Strangely he has yet to ask to ride it to school again??!!!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Posted by Rebecca at 3:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Broderick sounds like a fantastic boy. You must have raised him well. I am so glad he still has his skateboard too.
Reagan sounds like a little doll and Addison seems very witty. I hope to meet them in person someday.
Your family sounds so fun.....
I wish i knew them better
If I ever have a girl, I think Minton will most possible be in the running for names. That is after I jet my Nigeriean payout for helping to diversify some wealthy Dr.'s porfolio or that American Soldier brings back all that treasure he found in Iraq and didn't report. I am going to be soooo rich!
Your kids are great, never fail to put a smile on my face!
Yeah for random. Yeah for found skateboard! There is a picture around town of a sick three year old Reagan, I have to take a double take every.time. cuz it looks just like your Reagan?
Oh, a hard life lesson that ends well. i am so glad he still has his skateboard.
I LOVED these random stories, especially "man of the hour" "whip cream calling" and Reagan, ever searching just the right reason to get to sleep with her mama. Smart girl.
Your kids are darling.
And Beckie is hilarious. I just hope she remembers who her friends are when those Nigerians come through for her.
anonymous.. yeah yeah..don't forget you are going camping with your son on Friday.. I know its you... lurker..
lol...i'm just getting good laugh at the comments. lol.
Is Clay lurking?! That is so funny!
So, I must tell you to hug Broderick and squeeze him so tight and tell him this is from all of the Moms who wish there were more kids in the world just like him. He is my hero. He has no idea of the scope his positive impact has on a very important life and soul. The world would be a better place if we could all love unconditionally like him.
Hilarious stories! Gab did the same as reagan, but her babies were Cally & Joy. Never knew where those names came from. Oh, and the "headfor" is great! That has constantly happened with my squirts too. Audrey wanted to get a snack at Jake's football game & asked to go to the "confession" stand. You should cherish these funny memories as much as I have!
Post a Comment