TIME
Okay so its not quite New Years anymore, but I think there is alway time to make resolutions. This year I am focusing on time, well that, my husband, kids, church, work, house.. etc etc..but thats all the regular stuff.. I have turned a new leaf with my clocks. I pride myself in being prompt. I don't like being late, I feel it reflects unorganization and if you know me, I will knock myself out to be organzied. Anyway, back to time, I am a schedule person. I keep very strict time for everything and always have. My babies were scheduled from the begininng.. naping/feeding etc. based on time. I plan my every day with specific time frames, and adheare to it pretty well. I function best when on a time restraint. If I have to much time I do very little if I have a ton of stuff to do with little time, I get more done. Wierd I know, but thats me. Anyway, for some odd reason over the years the clocks in our house have taken different "times". For example Time #1 Clay has always set his alarm 15 min ahead. Why.. well if you have to get up at 6:30 but your clock says 6:45 you might feel a little bit better about it. I have no idea. So his clock by his side of the bed is 15 ahead. Now being the OCD freak that I am I cannot have our clocks not in sinc.. I mean really if Martha Stewart comes to my house with her cameras and goes into our bedroom and sees that the two clocks.. I have one by my side too (is that even necessary?) back to Martha, if she was to see the two clocks had different times well I guess I would just have to kiss my Better Homes and Garden House of the Year award.. I mean really. I act like my house is getting ready for the parade of homes or something. Noone cares, well I do, but its silly. I don't even think Clay cares that its 15 min ahead, I have just adapated that, he probably doesn't even notice! Now time #2 our bathroom clock is 10 min ahead, so I guess as you head to the bathroom, you get a more realistic sence of time, still being 10 min ahead, but not a full 15 from the bedroom. I even reset the clocks every daylight savings change this way.. once again, for no good reason. Time #3 the rest of the clocks (minus the cable boxes) are set 5 min ahead. This one I can handle.. 5 mins is 5 min.. it goes quickly so by the time you look at the clock and see 7:30 and realize you need to leave, you usually can be gone in 5 min and that puts you out the dooor at 7:30. Whatever.. it works, sort of, then there is time #4 the cable boxes, the true government standard time as delivered to us by our trusty Verizon boxes, the true time, no bones about it. When all else fails look at the cable box and you know the time. So back to time #1 when laying in bed we look at the cable box time #4 which tells the accurate time, only to look beside my bed time #1 at a clock 15 min ahead. This is not right, then to top it off.. we compensate for all the crazy clocks. So when I need to get up at 5:30 I set my alarm for 5:45 so I am getting up when I need to. I DONT LIKE MATH... day in and day out I am constantly adding and subtracting various time increments to get to the actual time, when for crying out loud... I can just set the clocks to the right time and call it good. I even set my watch early 5 min, but always say.. oh my watch is 5 min early. I know I am incrediablly obsessive about alot of things, do I really need to spend my days adding and subtracting for the sake of nothing?! I think not!
note: excuse the spelling errors, in addition to not like math, my english skills are a bit rusty and blogspot's spelling check seems to be on the fritz!!!
Friday, February 08, 2008
Posted by Rebecca at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Your post left me exhausted and with a headache. ;) But it did want me to set the clocks ahead a bit in my bedroom. They are currently running a few minutes behind for some reason and I'm always having to recalculate the OTHER way. Thanks for showing your crazy side - it helps me feel better about my own hangups, which are many. :) (Hopefully this doesn't duplicate, I'm having trouble posting)
I am sooooooooooooo confused. HUH???? So what time is it? lol.
I am confused, also. (what is new?) So, did you set them all to the correct time???
See I am so thrown off on time I have stopped making any sence of it all!! I have set my clocks to accurate time.. and so far I have been late .. go figure!
I got a big kick out of your post!! I can't stand being late either!!! PS our spell check is out too!
Oh Rebecca you make me laugh so hard. I think we all can relate to your situation with the clocks. Especially when being on time is important to us(some people just don't care about being late). Save yourself the headache and set them all to the same time. I know...I know...not gonna happen.
Post a Comment