Tuesday, September 11, 2007

MORE CONCRETE FOR THE HEELYS!!!





We did it.. 5 hours a crowbar, some random power tool, a pair of sunglasses (safety first) one pair of gloves (we shared) both our ipods, one set of earplugs and a set of noise reduction headphones and the floors in the great room are out. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with the camera, but that is just the glorious dust particles constantly circulating throughout the house.. can you say black lung.. anyway.. here's the new floor...

Okay not really its a 3 slat sample of what we are going to have .. just a teaser for you and me both!! The wood is unfortunately in California.. and making its way to the great state of Texas.. construction to being on Monday.. so they say!!! The kids are being troopers throughout it all.. thankfully they are in school and Reagan and I try to stay away as much as possible. We are the neighborhood Heely rink... all this concrete is too fun to skate on!!!! Hopefully the great green fans will go home tomorrow.. though the white noise is nice at night.. its not nice all day and the constant dust bowl in my house is .. positive attitude.. WONDERFUL!!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

That's a sexy look for you...sunglasses and a jack hammer. Too cool.

Bex said...

I love that picture! You look professional, I totally thought that you ended up getting sone one to do it for you...but it was you! Way to go.

Robertsons said...

Looks like it is coming along...thats great!!

Rebecca said...

just call me crazy.. or as Addison put it, my moms just really busy right now.. amen sister!!!!!

a said...

LOL!!! Good job!!! You look HOT!!!!

Rebecca said...

:)

StrumpMan said...

ok - wow- hadnt been to see this in a few days. First comment, was a HOSE on soaking your slab??? I thought it was just a drip from your ice maker/fridge hook-up. The fans, jeez..man - you could have dried up lake tahoe with those. Anyway - also, wood floor glued down vs. floating. UGH #2 getting anything glued to concrete up - ick. But then again, using power tools is more fun. Plus broderick can make 100 bird houses from the wood planks right?
Good luck - I thought it was bad to have to wait a week for our floors to be done.... you'll love it when its finished and the house stops stinking. PS Where's the dog - or did I miss a chapter in the book of Dover?

Chris