Monday, January 08, 2007

Nothing like starting out the new year with a bang.. out with the old.. the crib.. and in with the new.. toddler bed. May be insignificant in the world of current affairs, but in this household it makes big news. I saw the toddler bed in the attic when putting up the Christmas stuff and it was right at arms reach.. now that is a sign, its easy to get to.. then put it up. So I got it out, dusted it off and put it in Reagan's room. She loved it.. her big girl bed. We said prayers together that night and I said "Thank you for my big girl bed" to which she repeated "thank you bouncy bounce" followed by an immediate amen and then jumping up and down to her hearts content!! Too cute.. she cuddle up and amazingly never fell out! I kept the crib up for a few more days to make sure there were no nap time parties or late night wandering, much to my thrill.. she stayed put.. and stays put until I get her out. Now this action is really throwing off Addison. She doesn't understand why Reagan cannot.. more so does not get out of bed on her own. Addison gladly points out that she(Addison) is in a big bed and is more than capable of climbing in and out on her own. I reminder her that Reagan is 2 and that when Addison was 2 she did the same thing. So this morning, Addison decided to go into Reagan's room and help her out of bed and right into our bedroom.. just to spite!!

1 comments:

StrumpMan said...

very cute story - also am excited you figured out how to link to our blog.... Pulling teeth is technically a Dad's job (v. mom or teacher or any one else). ;-)

Chris