Crazy comes in shades of Pink
Yep, its official.. I even have a shirt to prove it.. the Pink Ninja Running Club does exist and can proudly say it has one half marathon under its belt!! Saturday was the Texas Half Marathon. A lovely day of 24 degrees.. with a finishing temperature of 30 degrees.. ohh.. warm I know!! Its not a big race, but a good size group and a nice jaunt around White Rock Lake. Didn't start training till late in the game, so time wasn't my big concern, just doing it and enjoying it, and that I did. Had a great fellow ninja with me, who despite an injury presevered, cause thats what Ninjas do!! This same ninja convinced me to take an ice bath after the race to help with post run recovery.. yep thats a fill the tub with cold water and ice and sit in water up to your belly button for 10 min.. I think that was the craziest thing of the day. I am going to give her credit, I am not sore or achy.. so there maybe something to it. Who Knew? Okay there was one more crazy thing, officially signed up for a full marathon in 4 weeks.. crazy runs deep in my house.


2 comments:
Congrats on completing the run yesterday! I was thinking of you while I was reading my book by the fire drinking hot coco:)
LOVE THE SHIRT!!!
Maybe one day when I decide to hit the treadmill in my room and can join the cool pink ninjas.
Oh yes - Ice baths are key!!! ;)
Thanks for keeping me going...that last 3 miles was painful and I appreciate your stories to help me take my mind off it! Well, except for the vomit stories...ha ha ha
Post a Comment