I feel like I have nothing to post about, yet must keep updating the blog for my one loyal follower!!! This year has started out great.. I do like having a husband who lives in the same town as me, and the kids appreciate it too!!! Reagan has had some issues adjusting to being in her own room all night long.. she starts there, but at 3 in the morning, I am in no mood to argue and in she crawls.. sometimes we wake up with her right in the middle of our bed, doesn't really bother me, but its not the best habit! We started a sticker chart, got a few bucks worth of barbie clothes and what not, and started working on the staying in bed all night long, I threw in go to bed without crying and then to top it off.. buckle your seat belt in, for kicks..she hates doing it. Well low and behold, its amazing, she has stayed in bed every night, has gone to bed with a happy face, and has magically learned to buckle herself in.. and has done it every night/day for the past week.. no relapse just do it, earn a sticker, after 3 days, she got the first prize, then 4 days.. etc.. its a bit mind blowing that she will just do it, just needed a little incentive. But don't we all!!
So this part I wasn't going to talk about, but lets not kid ourselves, thats not me. I have a mouth and I use it. Took a personality profile test the therapist said I am an open book, you get what you see.. I don't hid things or keep things in, and its true, I share everything, and probably a bit much sometimes, but that's me.. so on that note..
I finally did it. For those of you who have known me for a while, know that I have always LOVED the show Survivor.. not only love watching it, but really want to be on it. Year after year, I come up with a great idea for my audition video.. and the deadline comes and goes.. well.. this year I did it. Filled out the 15 page application, yes I am mentally stable, have 3 kids, am crazy, won't get naked for a million dollars, kind of questionnaire, and then Clay and I worked on my 3 min. video.. actually 2min 30 sec. with 20 sec of photos, to keep it well under the 3 min max.. it only took about 3 days to get all that footage, and we laughed quite a bit filming, but I did it. I over nighted it.. tracked it, it was signed off by Oriff in the mail room so its officially in!! The interviews start in March, then to LA April if you make it past the first cut, then 7 weeks of filming this summer if choosen. (No I don't know where) In case you were wondering, Clay is totally supportive of this, he thinks its great, doesn't mind the 7 week hiatus.. though when I questioned him about it, he did say we would cross that bridge when we get there! I know its a long shot, and I know a bazillion people apply.. I am just excited I tried, I have always wanted to, I really want to do it, I hope get on.. I know.. I am crazy.. keep you fingers crossed for me!! It may turn into absolutely nothing, but at least I tried!!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Posted by Rebecca at 6:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Hurray!!!! I am so excited for you, and I can't wait to tell everyone to watch Survivor because I know one of the contestants and she's awesome! I think you'ld be a shoe in, on accoount of your awesomeness! Keeping my fingers crossed.
Yay for Reagan! Isn't it noce to find something that works for your kids. Mine is now the DS. I love it. Congratulations for making it this far with only 2 people in your bed!!!!
That is awesome Rebecca. I'm excited for you. Are you going to post your application video? Do you have an extra copy? I hope you're chosen that would be fun. How nice to have a supportive husband. Keep us updated!
Wow, survivor how cool! My fingers are crossed for you. And you'll be totally safe around water. :)
You are so funny!! I would definitely start watching it again if you were on there!! Thanks for the update. I only have one follower on my blog too, but I check yours often. Take care!!
I guess I am THE loyal reader:) LOL maybe I should just say FIRST!
I too heart survior and have not missed an eposide since the beginning. Anywho if you are not THE most perfect person to Outwit, Outlast, and Outplay you can just call me BOB!
I am so excited you did it! Please STAY BY THE PHONE!
I just noted the comment moderation is on, so I may possible not be first, clever or orginal but still thrilled for you! Good luck.
Um we want to see the audition video...HELLO!!!!
As your father, I believe I need to screen the video before it is posted. Good luck. The acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree!
I can't believe that you finally did it!! You have been talking about this since we all lived in KS!! What an accomplishment to even be able to say that you applied. Very cool! I haven't watched the show in years, but I won't miss a single one of your episodes!
I am SO glad you applied. You will NEVER regret applying. You would definitely regret not applying. So you totally did the right thing! And that show TOTALLY needs more young moms. I can only remember like one. You must represent! That would be SO awesome. I am a huge fan of the show and have considered making a tape, but have not liked the thought of starving or sleeping on wood sticks. I think I could even eat bugs...but the other 2 things would be rough. If you don't get it this time...keep applying every single year. This year there was a lady on that had applied for every single season. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment