6 Quirks TAG
1. Link the Person who Tagged you. Laura
2. Mention rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know or leave a list of names at the bottom of the post
Wow.. limit it only to 6..
1. I love to clean, its very therapeutic to me.. to quote Bree Vandacamp "why would I pay someone to do something that brings me so much pleasure." I really wish it wasn't this way, but I guess its a beneficial quirk.. When I get stressed I clean. We had an incident with our boat last summer, Clay took the kids and let me go to town scrubbing and cleaning the house. I guess its my way of controlling my environment when all else is crazy around me!! I even got a Dyson for my birthday a few years back and besides new diamonds.. it was the next best gift ever!!
2. I go check in on my kids every night after they are asleep, no matter what time it is, or what time I get home I go in, hug, kiss and sometimes apologize love on them. I sit on their beds and really take them in. Its a great time, they probably don't hear me, but that's not different than during the day, but they don't talk back either. Perhaps some of it sinks in while they are sleeping!!
3. I drink a monster drink every morning.. not just for the pick me up, but it tastes really good, it really does, and to be honest I would never go to bed if I drank it any later.. it a bad habit, or just a quirk..
4. I read manuals for everything. Yep read both car manuals, new oven... check, the info on operating and installing the new bathtub, check, phones, watches, a new alarm clock, you name it, I read it, and store the tid bits of useless information in my Brain. I got a new mixer in June.. won an auction in Aspen, well when the mixer arrived it didn't have a manual.. now that's no good.. I called up the manufacturer and got one sent straight away.. then I read it. Wouldn't want to whisk something in stead of blending it.. now would you?!
5. I am painfully aware of the caloric intake/out put of practically everything I eat/drink/do. Its a crazy OCD thing, now it doesn't mean that I don't eat ice cream and what not, I just know how many calories are in a frosty/and how many calories I burn on a run....but I won't share this craziness, if you want to know look it up.. know one needs that info in their brain!!
6. I am a guarantee/warranty type of gal. I call any company out on their guarantee.. and that's a guarantee.. you say my bed wont sink 1/2 and inch.. or you will replace it.. and let me tell you 1/2 an inch is not a lot.. got a new bed every 2 years.. (it was a great bed, but with a guarantee like that.. I can't help but put it to the test.. ) and when the store ran out of that specific model.. we got full credit for the original purchase and got an even nicer bed!! This one has the 20 year guarantee.. so we shall see!!! I call on everything, and anything. I bought some protein drinks and one was funky.. so they sent a case. Its very tedious sometimes, having to call and bug co. about it.. but I am not below it!! Got new carpet a few weeks ago.. have a stain that won't come out.. called them out on their guarantee.. we shall see!!!
okay 6 that I get to tag!!!
April, Beckie, Jeni, Kristi, Leah , Amy
Monday, November 17, 2008
Posted by Rebecca at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Becca, you are awesome. I love your quirks. I wish some of them were mine! :) I read manuals too.
The special occasion thing is so hilarious. I heard about that joke before I got married. Russ is like every guy when it comes to that stuff...every day is a special occasion! :)
Yeah
My wife is CRAZY......
But I love it
What husband would not love a wife that forbid him from making the bed???
CD
Okay, I knew most of these quirks. The manuals and warranty ones cracked me up. Didn't surprise me, but did make me laugh.
This was fun to read.
Awww, CD even signed his name on the last post. I love how he admits he reads your blog. I don't even think Russ reads mine! Maybe I should post something really juicy and see if he brings it up.
And yes, Clay, you are a lucky man with fun, beautiful, clickity-clak (did you see that movie?) wife!
Russ told me how the whole "special occasion" rumor got started with the conversation you and he had like 2 decades ago and I was busting up.
How is Brady doing these days?
When I post my completed tag, I should probably just link to your Quirk #1. This is me X10! I'm almost certain it's a sickness that therapy will NEVER be able to cure! Funny.
Post a Comment