Thursday, June 28, 2007

JUNE 28, 1991 at 10:51 p.m. our lives changed forever..

10 years ago Broderick Keith Dover came into this world and though I don't know if I am a better parent, I am a better person because of him.
Clay looks young.. and that's because he was, and I don't know who was in more shock!! We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into!! Fortunately for us we had all our family around and even a few great friends...

So 10 years have passed and for some reason this decade birthday he is having is more monumental to me than to him!! I think of half his life home with me is gone, but I believe the best is yet to come!! :)I will say, in 10 years he has taught me a lot about life, how to laugh and have a good time. He has a great innocence about him and truly sees the best in everyone. He has more patience than I could hope to have, and fortunately for me is very forgiving. He is sweet, kind and incredible caring for the underdog, despite the fact that it is sometimes himself. He is always ready to crack a joke, funny or not, and willing to lend a helping hand. He is grateful, and lets you know.. he cannot leave with out a kiss goodbye, and always mumbles and I love you when I check on him at night. He cares about his family and spending time with us, he puts us first, above his friends. He loves our church and is always trying to understand and apply its principles into his life. He loves to tell anyone about it. He lives without fear, fear of others opinions, fear of failure, fear of rejection.. and though he may get hurt sometimes, he is always ready to turn the other cheek. He's a little entrepreneur.. Brodo Industries.. t-shirt designs, bubble gum machines, no lemonade stands for this kid.. He loves to move, to bike, skate, swim and be active, and we try and keep up. He is a great kid, he came that way, we just hope to guide him and not ruin him! Happy Birthday to my 10 year old boy.. its been great so far thanks for all the laughs!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Awwww, so sweet! Happy Birthday Broderick! You ARE a great boy.

Um, was Broderick 33 inches at birth? That is one long baby!

April said...

Happy Birthday Broderick! We hope it was wonderful!

Angela said...

Hey Rebecca,
we had a kick at the beach we went to Port Aransas. It was pretty fun. I had a friend just come back from South Padre and they had a great time too. She said it was beautiful there. Port Aransas is definately a beach town. A little run down, but definately has some charm... Just don't eat at Moby Dicks. We stayed at the Port Royal resort. It was nice. The pool was the best part.